nanogui: Thread: nanogui widget set

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 6 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: nanogui widget set
From: Lajber Zoltan ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 1999 21:30:45 -0000

Well, I have no contact with any fltk developpers, I just used it
sometimes.

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:

> IMHO, besides being small, one very important thing we need to
> look at is application availability OR programming ease.

Fltk has some application already. Not too much, but for example, a window
manager exist.

> And the "very small" widget set should probably be easy to code
> for; people don't want to spend weeks coding something this
> specialized, IMHO.

Well, the few hundred k size of the fltk not a problem. I going to use it
for embedded systems, but even a 2M flash boot device is enought for the
linux kernel, the nano-X, fltk and the application.

Yes, sometimes the 2M flahs is overkill in embedded, but I think on the
very small systems, where the size realy matter, there is no real
operating system at all.

So, which version of nano-X is recomended to try out with fltk?
I have the 0.4, do I need newest?

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan           ####@####.####          http://jht.gau.hu/~lajbi
 GAU Dept. of Vehicles and Thermal Tech.                  http://jht.gau.hu