plustek: if epson esc/p2 driver loaded, some wrong colours may be in the scanned image

Subject: if epson esc/p2 driver loaded, some wrong colours may be in the scanned image
From: Paul Buhr ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jul 2000 01:47:58 -0000

Hello,

I compiled another kernel and then it was possible to load the pt_drv module.
The standard SuSE EIDE Kernel was it, was made the problem in my last question.

So, I have also an epson stylus pro xl printer using the ESC/P2 driver on my
parallel port connected. If the lpr service is loaded, I have sometimes the
problem, that in parts of scanned images are some colour sets wrong or missing.
The scanner (4830) stops on some parts of the scan (what is usual) and
continues the scan then. After a stop sometimes the next part is scanned with
the wrong colours and after it stopped again, the correct colours are used
again.
If the lpr service is not loaded, it scans everytime right and makes no
problems.