gnupic: PIC interrupt driven usart driver

Subject: Re: PIC interrupt driven usart driver
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 30 Oct 1999 14:06:44 -0000

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> (sorry if this is a repeat; i'm not sure my earlier post got out.)

(I didn't get it).

Michael,

I took a brief look at your code and did not see anything wrong (which is
not to say there is isn't). The only reason I'm responding to your
question is to tell you that I've been working on the USART peripheral in
gpsim. Right now I've got the USART working in asynchronous mode with out
interrupts for the 18cxxx family. Fortunately, the USART module for the
18cxxx family is nearly identical to the USART of the 14-bit core devices.
So the good news is that it wouldn't be too hard to include it in the
14-bit core, the bad news is that I wasn't planning to do it before
releasing version 17. BTW, the next release of gpsim will be with in two
weeks and will have the major feature that you privately requested: a cli
only mode. (There are also many other features which I'll outline when the
release is made).

Hint:
Try loop-back cables for debugging your rs-232. i.e. tie tx to rx and make
sure that the pc and the pic can (independently) receive and transmit.

Regards,
Scott