nanogui: NOFONTSORCLIPPING = Y

Subject: Re: [nanogui] NOFONTSORCLIPPING = Y
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jan 2006 00:22:01 +0000

: I had a doubt before rectifying this. Aren't we supposed to have plug-in
: architecture of the code before we are able attach the nofonts.c to the
: binary?
: By plug-in architecture I mean having a pointer to the fonts device
: which inturn contains pointers to the respective function implementations?
: The idea is similar to how we've attached different mouse, keyboard, and
: screen drivers to the engine.

In order not to have to put #ifdefs all over the place, the nofonts.c
just inserts a NULL table for the internal fonts.  Since nano-X
is compiled in this case for no fonts, we assume that font calls
won't be made, and the GrXXX layer won't need to be included.
This was originally for a java implementation, I think where the
font code was handled at their upper level.

We don't really have the notion of a "fonts device".  There's
only an internal table, and then the GdCreateFont routine tries
calling other linked-in font handlers (of which there should be
none specificed in the config file) for all non-internal fonts.

:
: Also does the microwindows CVS have a web interface so that I could just
: download selected files from it?

Unfortunately, not at this time.  I really need a volunteer to update
the web site, its way old, uses little technology.  Its seems I much
prefer C to HTML...