nanogui: Porting a nanogui application

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Porting a nanogui application
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jun 2006 21:28:01 +0100

If you want to run the same application on wince, windows mobile,
and linux, you'll need to use the win32 (microwin) api, which
for the implemented subset is identical.

The nano-X API isn't better or worse, just different.  It uses a
client-server implementation, which allows multiple processes to
access graphics, while the win32 is limited to a single, linked-in
application.

:    I would like to code a single gui application that can run on wince,
window mobile and  familiar linux (embedded linux). I know it sounds
ambitious but is it possible for nanogui to do that?
:    I have been searching for months on the approach to develop such an
application but still can't arrive to any conclusion. I have tried to
develop the nano-x application but have no idea how to port to device. Do I
just copy the binaries over to the device?
:    Finally, is nano-x better than microwin? Nano-X is a client-server
implementation which seems more popular than microwin. Furthermore, there is
fltk-nano-x which provides more API.
:    Thank you for your advice.