nanogui: Problem regarding microwindows running without X

Subject: Problem regarding microwindows running without X
From: "pratish ganguly" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2006 06:12:23 +0100

Dear all
I am using Micowindows-0.91 on Fedora core 3 , linux version 2.6.17 on a
pentium 4 processor(i686).
I have copied the file 'src/Configs/config.x11' to 'src/config' in the src
directory as per the installation directions given in the 'src/INSTALL'
file.
The demo 'demo.sh' is working fine but when I'm switching to init level 3 ,
I'm not able to run the same demo.
The error message given is
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 1
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 2
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 3
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 4
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 5
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 6
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 7
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 8
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 9
     nxclient : retry connest attempt 10
     Can't open graphics
I have even tried to use the other config files ( config.fb , config.fb2 ,
config.fb3 ) in the 'src/Configs' directory in an attempt to use the
framebuffer(Though I can not locate any framebuffer file like '/dev/fb').

I have searched the net on the same topic but still not able to find any
working solution.
I have tried 'DirectFB-0.9.25.1' as well but still not able to solve the
problem.
I have also tried out using xnlib but that also uses X11.
I am trying to find out a platform on which these demo can run without the
help of X-server.
Can Nano-X run without the support of X11 ?
Kindly give me some pointers to the problem so that I can run these demo and
other applications satisfactorily from 'init level 3' (without the X-server
running).