nanogui: pcf fonts

Subject: Re: [nanogui] pcf fonts
From: Yan Seiner ####@####.####
Date: 11 Apr 2007 19:47:58 +0100

Greg Haerr wrote:
> Yan -
>
> In the error record below, it appears that NXLIB and nano-X
> have loaded the font, but TCL/TK is complaining.  This could be
> a return value.  In any case, this is a pretty minor error, do  you
> have any graphics yet?
>
> I did see a bug report for PCF fonts on big endian machines,
> let me know I can send you it.  You might try editing fonts.dir
> and using the uncompressed cursur.pcf, just to eliminate one
> more issue.

Hi Greg:

I've got this one figured out....

I'm now loading the fonts but Tcl/Tk is either hanging and/or segfaulting.

Even my little test case, a simple button, is still showing up as a
completely dark rectangle.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to get my keypad connected to
Microwindows...

I don't have a keyboard; instead I have a keypad which injects
keystrokes directly into the kernel's /dev/uniput system.

These should be picked up automagically by whatever app is running...
For some reason the Microwindows tty input isn't seeing them....