nanogui: problems displaying some image formats

Subject: problems displaying some image formats
From: "McCune, Michael" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Apr 2007 16:35:57 +0100

Hi all,

I am experiencing some strange problems when displaying png and bmp files. Basically I have an image that is 320x240 (for embedded device) that is a black background with a grid of single pixel lines. This image appears normally on my host linux machine, but when I try to display it on my target device running nano-X all I see if a black screen. I tried converting the image to a bmp file and trying again, same thing black screen. Next I converted to a jpg and tried again, success !

Now I'm really curious to debug why it is not working with png or bmp. I can successfully display png and bmp files that are more "rich" than just a grid work. Converted photo's work just fine.

just fyi, i am running a Cirrus ARM edb9315 development board. running kernel 2.6.8.1 and nano-X version 0.91. this problem manifests regardless of wether I use GrLoadImageFromFile or GrDrawImageFromFile.

thanks in advance,
mike