nanogui: NanoX -- Recommended development approach?

Subject: RE: [nanogui] NanoX -- Recommended development approach?
From: "Martin Kajdas" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2007 17:38:24 +0100

That is easy: Yes!
I develop my app under Linux+X11, test it and then link it with libnx
and run it on my target.
Basically, all my code that is calling hardware specific stuff is #ifdef
out when compiling for PC.
During linking, I either use X11 libs (for PC) or libnx for embedded.
This is all that I do differently.
However, some of the X11 interfacing is a little different on X11 than
nanoX, but for testing it does not matter.

On embedded platform I use standard Linux and Busybox.
Most of the flash memory is taken by TTF fonts because my user interface
is rather involved (1280x1024 LCD).
Martin