nanogui: NanoX -- Recommended development approach?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] NanoX -- Recommended development approach?
From: "Ricardo Jasinski" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2007 17:27:10 +0100

Hi Martin,

I think you're right, my first email might have been a little confusing, so
I'll try to add some detail.

My embedded target is a Nios II 32-bit processor, from Altera, which is
actually inside an FPGA packed together with most of my custom hardware.
Our system features an 800x600 LCD screen, 100 Mbps ethernet, PS2 mouse and
keyboard.

Up to now, we've been using the vendor-provided IDE (which is called Nios
IDE and is based on Eclipse), running on Windows. It is turtle slow, but
since it integrates fairly well with the debug tools and all programming
hardware, I'm coping with it.

We've been able to manage things without any operating system, but this is
likely to change in a while. We are considering the use of uClinux. As far
as I know, the uClinux kernel can be easily configured to run from flash, or
to copy itself to ram.

What I was hoping to do was develop/debug most of the application on the PC,
under Linux-NanoX. Then, when I had the user interface working ok, I would
cross-compile the app to uClinux-NanoX.

I'd just like to know if it is possible!   :)

Thanks,

Ricardo.

2007/7/24, Martin Kajdas ####@####.####