nanogui: source tree

Subject: Re: source tree
From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 1999 22:17:37 -0000

I like autoconf for cross-compile environments, and support is explicitly in
autoconf for that.  It's easy to make a site config file that explains the
whole cross-compile environment:

---------
# Brad's config.site for configure
# This is just an example - don't quote me on any of this
CC=mipsel-linux-gcc
CXX=mipsel-linux-gcc
AR=mipsel-linux-ar
RANLIB=mipsel-linux-ranlib
NM=mipsel-linux-nm
ac_cv_path_NM=mipsel-linux-nm
CFLAGS="-msoft-float -s"
CXXFLAGS="-msoft-float -s"
ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes
host=mipsel-linux
prefix=~/mipsel-linux-install

# These are for GNU shellutils
jm_cv_have_proc_uptime=yes
jm_cv_func_working_gnu_strftime=yes
---------

and then say:

    export CONFIG_SITE=~/config.site

before running ./configure.

It works great.  I used to cringe when I saw an autoconf project, but now
that I've figured out this CONFIG_SITE thing (thanks to help from Jay
Carlson) I prefer them.

Regards,
Brad