nanogui: source tree

Subject: RE: source tree
From: "Darran D. Rimron" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Dec 1999 11:31:28 -0000

I've got some makefile changes I have been tweaking about with, and some
minor modifications on kbd_tty.c (which need my makefile changes, I plan
to intergrate the changes into kbd_*.c) which I will submit for 0.88 so
I can backport my makefile mods into Martin's. I have made a "make
config" which effectivly calls a chunck of C after compiling it and asks
you questions and fprintf's a makefile.  Hackery but easy.  Again, I'll
intergrate it with Martin's for '88 if you want?

> Yes, I may take you up on this.  I'd like to add
> Martin's submission, and then perhaps you could
> look at it from the multiple OS perspective.  BTW,
> does running on Solaris mean not using GNU make?

No idea about GNU make. It would be easy[1] to write a "makeless" make
system for systems without make.  "make config" makes a shell script,
shell script checks modification dates, if files exist, etc.  Easy once,
a bugger to do if you add/remove/change anything.... Anyone with any
thoughts? (There must be some other Open Source, Small, Dependancy
Related "make" system we can steal, anyone?)

	-Darran