nanogui: can microwindows been used in nokia machine develop?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] can microwindows been used in nokia machine develop?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Feb 2010 02:02:26 -0000

: I want to port a linux program to nokia s60 symbian9.4,I want to use
microwindows, so I don't need rewrite the GUI part, can microwindows been
used in nokia machine develop? could it support my requirement?

There shouldn't be any issue porting microwindows to the
symbian environment.  You may have to write
mouse and keyboard drivers, and a screen driver if
the system doesn't have a framebuffer previously setup
that can be used for graphics output.

The Microwindows project very easily supports new compilers
as well as operating systems and C libraries, and is quite
configurable to eliminate features that might not be available
or desired, for instance file i/o for images.

The first step is to compile the microwindows source with
the new compiler, with a minimal configuration file.  You
can also read the Architecture description on the website,
which describes the simple driver requirements.