nanogui: Newbie problems

Subject: Re: Newbie problems
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Jan 2000 20:45:05 -0000

After the calibration of
: the screen (this is the last stage of the postboot), the desktop is
: painted and them, the expected window paints, but after that, the Desktop
: paints again and overwrites my window :-( . I added the WM_MOUSEFIRST, and
: so, if I touch with the pen where the window should be, it is repainted.
:
: If I try to drag the window around the desktop, it works (well, the shape
: of the window remains painted in every place) and them, the desktop
: overwrites the little window as before.
:
: I'm not sure of what could be happen. So, could anybody test my little
: demo and say me how does it work in another platform.

I compiled up and tested your well-written test program and it
runs just fine on my Linux box.  I suspect that something else is
drawing the background screen over the contents of the Microwindows
program.

Now, there is the possibility, that for some reason the desktop
window clipping isn't working...  To test for this, go to the
DefWindowProc (windefw.c) which is the default window
procedure for the root window, and comment out the WM_PAINT
handler.  Then it won't paint.

:
: Should I need to made any change into the microwindows code because the
: Dragonball, or differences bigendian and littleendian, etc.?

Currently, you have to set BIGENDIAN=1 in the makefile.

:
: I think that the doubleclick doesn't works in my implementation. (The
: window doesn't maximize when I doubleclick on the top bar) Could be
: because my GetTickCount() only returns a 0L (non UNIX system) ?

That's definetly it.  GetTickCount must return something other than 0
to time double-clicks.  Feel free to make it work for your OS.