nanogui: Newbie problems

Subject: Re: Re: Newbie problems
From: Manuel Teira Paz ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2000 09:28:55 -0000

Thanks for your answers:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Greg Haerr wrote:

> Now, there is the possibility, that for some reason the desktop
> window clipping isn't working...  To test for this, go to the
> DefWindowProc (windefw.c) which is the default window
> procedure for the root window, and comment out the WM_PAINT
> handler.  Then it won't paint.

OK. This could be the key. I'll try this night.

> :
> : Should I need to made any change into the microwindows code because the
> : Dragonball, or differences bigendian and littleendian, etc.?
>
> Currently, you have to set BIGENDIAN=1 in the makefile.

OK, I'd made this change some days ago.

> : I think that the doubleclick doesn't works in my implementation. (The
> : window doesn't maximize when I doubleclick on the top bar) Could be
> : because my GetTickCount() only returns a 0L (non UNIX system) ?
>
> That's definetly it.  GetTickCount must return something other than 0
> to time double-clicks.  Feel free to make it work for your OS.

I'm not sure about this point. I've compiled microwin for my Solaris box
and taken out the GetTicksCount() code, to return always 0L. The result is
that you can make a double click with an infinite delay, because the code
only checks the delay to be less than DBLCLICKSPEED, and it's always 0 in
our case. So this is not the reason of the problem.

I think that could be something related with the low level driver. It
works different than the x11 mouse driver, because the last one always
returns absolute positions (return 2). In my PDA, when the touchpad is
pressed I return the position and LBUTTON press (return 2), but when the
button is released, I return 3 and *bp=0, to show that the button has been
released. Isn't this the wright way?

Yesterday night, I'd been tracing the events on the defWindowProc, and
when the strange fenomenom happens, there are a sequence of WM_NCPAINT for
the Desktop and the window. I'll try on the x11 compiled versiĆ³n to see
the differences.

> Regards,
>
> Greg

Thank you very much.

Best regards

--
     LLL       LLLLL  Manuel Teira Paz      Telefonica I+D
    LLL       LLLLLLL Tfno: 34 91 337 9973  Infraestructura de Red (5240)