nanogui: Microwindows 0.88pre9 released

Subject: Microwindows 0.88pre9 released
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jun 2000 01:45:28 -0000

Well, I've finally completed another big prerelease of
Microwindows, thanks alot for all the contributions...  I
can barely keep up, it seems.  This distribution is split up
into a couple files because the contributed chinese fonts
are large.  The following files are now available:

Microwindows except the microwin/src/fonts/chinese directory:
ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.88pre9.tar.gz

Chinese fonts (12x12, 16x16 ascii, GB2312 and Unicode-16 and others):
ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-fonts-chinese-0.88pre9.tar.
gz

FLTK ported to mwin32 API:
ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/fltk-mwin32-pre5.tar.gz

FLTK ported to nano-x API:
ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/fltk-nanox-pre5.tar.gz

I want to merge the two FLTK ports into one, but the Nano-X version
was just contributed, and I only had time to make sure that it
ran well.  (And it looks great with our new Nano-X Window Manager!)

There have been a large number of contributions since the 0.88pre8 cut,
and I have included almost everything that has been submitted.  Following
are some of the highlights:

Chinese character display is now incorporated within Microwindows.
There are a few variations, and the work is still in progress.  We now
support disk-based Unicode-16, GB2312 and Big5 Chinese national
standard encoding with contributed 12x12 and 16x16 Han Zi Ku
chinese and ascii  fonts that display well together.  This option is
enabled with the HAVE_HZK_SUPPORT config option.
Thanks to Tanghao and Jauming for this contribution. Separately,
a compiled in chinese font with GB2312 encoding support is enabled
with the HAVE_GB2312_SUPPORT option.  Thanks to Guo for this.
There are a number of issues with the implementation, and I will
follow this up in a separate email.

Nano-X now has a working window manager, thanks to Alex Holden.
While still a work in progress, it allows movement of windows and
paints title bars, close boxes, and resize borders.  This is a great piece
of work and I am very impressed.  It runs as a separate process, just
like the Nano-X processes do.

Complete region support has been added to Nano-X, which we've been
needing in order to proceed with the GTK and FLTK-nanox ports.  In
addition, full-blown (optional) polygon area regions have been added
to our region engine.  Thanks to Murphy for most of this work.

Arcs, pies, and outlined arcs have been added to Microwindows and
Nano-X.  This was a big pain, although a lot of fun.  There's still some
bugs in there but we've now got all our basic drawing functions done.
I wrote a new demo to show them off.

Kevin contributed ports of MiniGUI's listbox, edit control and progress
bar, and I dressed them up and made them look very 3d for the mwin32
api.  The listbox doesn't seem to display more than one item, but more
controls will soon be added, like combobox and scrollbars.

The MIPS based Osprey board is now supported, along with
some changes to the touch-pad calibration program, contrib/GPL/tpcal.

Various fixes to get Nano-widgets and C++ objects to compile are
included, as well as a palette patch for VNC.  A nasty data corruption
bug, only when UPDATEREGIONS was set, is fixed.  MINIX is
now fully supported.

The complete ChangeLog for 0.88pre9 follows:
Version 0.88pre9 - 15th June 2000 - ####@####.####
 * added Chinese Han Zi Ku font support from Tanghao and Jauming
  12x12 and 16x16 ascii and chinese fonts
  Big5, Unicode-16 and GB2312 encoding supported
  set with config option HAVE_HZK_SUPPORT
 * added Guo's Chinese GB2312 decoding routines, fonts/gb2312font.c
  set with config option HAVE_GB2312_SUPPORT
 * added Jin ke xue's gb16x16song.c font file (no support yet) (and .bdf)
 * fixed C++ objects to compile
 * added Rosimildo's RTEMS changes, convbmp allows full paths
 * added Alex's VERY COOL nano-X window manager! (great job!!) nanowm.sh
 * added GrSetWMProperties,GrGetWMProperties,GrCloseWindow, GrKillWindow
 * added Alex's npanel enhancements (solid dragging, zombies)
 * added Alex's cpu usage reduction to nclock, npanel
 * added Alex's patch to get nano-widgets to compile
 * added Alex's PPM file decoder demo6
 * implemented DT_CENTER, DT_RIGHT for DrawText
 * added changes in tpcal.c for MIPS Osprey board port, dblclk changes
 * HAVETEXTMODE #define for Osprey and Embedded Planet ports
 * added Michael's MINIX port updates
 * added George's setpalette changes to VNC
 * added GdAllocPolygonRegion, GrNewPolygonRegion, CreatePolygonRgn
 * fixed nasty #if UPDATEREGIONS in windows.h compile problem
 * added Kevin's port of edit, listbox and progressbar from MiniGUI
 * added GdGetRegionBox, GrGetRegionBox
 * fixed update regions calc bug
 * combined GdEllipse and GdFillEllipse and Arc/Pie routines
 * wrote pie, arc, outline arc routines, win32 Arc,Pie, GrArc,GrArcAngle
 * added George's patch to fix X11 screen driver setpalette function
 * added Murphy's region code for Nano-X, also polygon regions

Have fun!