nanogui: Update to VNC viewer

Subject: Re: Update to VNC viewer
From: George Harvey ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jun 2000 21:49:58 -0000

On 14-Jun-00, Greg Haerr wrote:

>: I have updated the VNC viewer for nano-X, the main changes are:
>:
>: + Builds on 0.88pre8.
>: + Uses GrSetSystemPalette() to handle 8-bit palette displays.

>George -
>    Well done, the palette now is correct and looks great!

>On my system, I still have a problem that I've seen from the beginning
>when using the palette mode (that's why I had compiled the truecolor
>332 support, which fixes this).  When moving large windows
>around, the VNC client doesn't always display the screen correctly,
>and I have to move the mouse around to repaint the screen properly.
>Do you ever see this?  Also, when running in palette mode, the
>area under the mouse flickers alot, which doesn't happen in
>other modes.

>I'd be interested to hear your comments as to whether VNC
>under Nano-X works PERFECTLY for you or not.  BTW, I'm
>using Win98 as the VNC server.

I haven't done a lot of testing yet but the only problem I noticed
with the current version is that bits of the mouse pointer would
sometimes get left on the screen after moving a window. There may
well be some differences due to different servers, I am testing
with the Xvnc server running on NetBSD-Amiga and Linux. I should
be able to put together a Win95 server to see how that compares.
At work, I use the Win95 client talking to an NT server and that
works OK, although screen updates can be quite slow.

Regards,

George