nanogui: Super story on Microwindows and Freepad

Subject: Re: Super story on Microwindows and Freepad
From: Morten Rolland ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2000 06:48:01 -0000

Greg Haerr wrote:

> Our project has been featured in a super writeup:
>
> http://alllinuxdevices.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-07-21-001-02-NW-LF-WP

Quite nice!

Our absense from the list lately is due to quite a lot of work and
management.  Our Nano-X team has identified some areas in Nano-X/Microwindows
that needs attention, and I will try to share them when time allows.

Is there a pending release of 0.88 soon?  Some of the changes
are such that they might be considered important enough to be included in
such a release.  Our current Nano-X version is 0.88pre8 - but from reading
a 300kB diff from pre8 to pre11 it seems the problem areas we have looked
into has not been updated much (It seems to me a lot of features and some
name changes have taken place, mostly) - so our patches are probably still
relevant and usable.

It will take me some time to compile all the changes (we currently have
two kinds of patches to our Microwindows tree; simple ones that fix a
problem in the existing code, and new code that don't merge well with
the mainstream release - I will have to separate them).

There are some problems I haven't quite figured out yet, which deals with
shared memory and the client/server protocol in general - This problem may
not be fixed in the first batch of patches.

Is there a timeframe that I could keep in mind when planning the next few
days?

Regards,
Morten Rolland, Screen Media