nanogui: Super story on Microwindows and Freepad

Subject: Re: Super story on Microwindows and Freepad
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2000 15:46:09 -0000

: Our absense from the list lately is due to quite a lot of work and
: management.  Our Nano-X team has identified some areas in Nano-X/Microwindows
: that needs attention, and I will try to share them when time allows.

I figured you were deep underground getting your project ready ;-)

:
: Is there a pending release of 0.88 soon?  Some of the changes
: are such that they might be considered important enough to be included in
: such a release.  Our current Nano-X version is 0.88pre8 - but from reading
: a 300kB diff from pre8 to pre11 it seems the problem areas we have looked
: into has not been updated much (It seems to me a lot of features and some
: name changes have taken place, mostly) - so our patches are probably still
: relevant and usable.

I would like to get a release of 0.88 out soon, I've modified two
very small patches after the 0.88pre11.  If you can send your changes
(hopefully diffed with pre11 but if not send anyway), I'll include them
in 0.88.  I'd rather add the bug fixes to 0.88 rather than a host of
new features, since 0.88 works well and is pretty stable, IMHO.
There's quite a bit of interest in our new ViewML project, and I'd
like to tie together the FLTK nano-X port with a stable Nano-X
release for the browser.

: There are some problems I haven't quite figured out yet, which deals with
: shared memory and the client/server protocol in general - This problem may
: not be fixed in the first batch of patches.

Please submit a bug list detailing issues you've got.  Does the Freepad
have bugs right now regarding Nano-X?

:
: Is there a timeframe that I could keep in mind when planning the next few
: days?
Let me know what works for you; I'll wait.