nanogui: VxWorks?

Subject: Re: VxWorks?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Sep 2000 20:05:20 -0000

:  > Also, is there a "porting faq" of some kind to help
:  > people trying to port to new architectures/platforms?
:
: I am also looking into using Microwindows in a VxWorks
: environment.  Let's talk to coordinate our work.

I would like to help standardize non-Linux or non-POSIX
interfaces from Microwindows to other RTOSs, it's
exciting that Microwindows is being considered on some
well-known embedded operating systems.

Rosimildo ported Microwindows to RTEMS a few
months ago, and we worked to build a framebuffer
interface that Microwindows uses to talk to the OS
entry points.  It would be nice if that interface had
the same names on the Microwindows side, so that
it becomes easier to get it running on different platforms.

As a first round, we tried to emulate the basic framebuffer
query functions, as well as a new GsSelect() implementation.
With the RTEMS implementation, a standard Microwindows
screen driver was written that used this sample "standard"
subdriver, while keyboard and mouse were essentially
written from scratch underneath the GsSelect call.

Keep me posted on your needs, I'll be glad to help.