nanogui: VxWorks?

Subject: Re: VxWorks?
From: "Rosimildo daSilva" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2000 14:43:21 -0000

>From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
>To: "Brent Thompson" ####@####.#### ####@####.####
>Subject: Re: VxWorks?
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:09:17 -0600
>
>:  > Also, is there a "porting faq" of some kind to help
>:  > people trying to port to new architectures/platforms?
>:
>: I am also looking into using Microwindows in a VxWorks
>: environment.  Let's talk to coordinate our work.
>
>I would like to help standardize non-Linux or non-POSIX
>interfaces from Microwindows to other RTOSs, it's
>exciting that Microwindows is being considered on some
>well-known embedded operating systems.
>
>Rosimildo ported Microwindows to RTEMS a few
>months ago, and we worked to build a framebuffer
>interface that Microwindows uses to talk to the OS
>entry points.  It would be nice if that interface had
>the same names on the Microwindows side, so that
>it becomes easier to get it running on different platforms.

Brent,

For RTEMS, was defined a "thin layer" ( everybody loves this !! ),
that is similar to lunix frambuffer, and it should be RTOS
independent. Look at these modules:

  src/drivers/input_rtems.c
  src/drivers/scr_rtems.c

We might have to change the modules name to something more
generic, it they fit your needs.

Regarging the GsSelect(), RTEMS is a bit different, because
the current implemetnation of select() under RTEMS, only
works with sockets, and it could not be used in the
MicroWindows context.

If you need help, please do not hesitate to ask. :-).

Rosimildo.