nanogui: Limitation on small memory system

Subject: Re: Limitation on small memory system
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 17 Nov 2000 14:45:49 -0000

That really should be a restriction on the window manager.  Really, the
Nano-X server and the kernel are tools.  They just sit there until you
ask it to do something.  Restricting processes at this level probably
isn't a good idea.  But the only purpose in life that the window manager
has is to control your processes and draw pretty windows around them.
So it would be best suited for controling how many processes are
running.  Maybe it could even have some sort of age list and
automatically close the oldest process when you hit your limit.  Of
course, thats all good and fine for calculators and clocks, but you
probably don't want to automagicaly close an editor or address book or
something.

But without a doubt, you should control this through the window
manager.

Happy hacking!
jordan