nanogui: FLNX Fast Light Toolkit v0.15 Released

Subject: FLNX Fast Light Toolkit v0.15 Released
From: Jeff Moellmer ####@####.####
Date: 18 Nov 2000 00:24:14 -0000

We are releasing version 0.15 of the FLNX Fast Light Toolkit. There was
one really big issue fixed: the way FLNX handled the X,Y coordinates for
parent and child windows and widgets. We have changed the coordinate
system to be much like FLTK 1.0.7. Hence, windows and nested windows
work a lot better. In addition, you are able to actually use widgets
that are nested deeply inside multiple FL_WINDOWs.

I also found an issue in Microwindows which basically will not redraw
the pictures on buttons. This is a Microwindows issue and should be
fixed in its next release. A patch has been submitted to the project.

Finally, for the most excited part of this release. Fluid now works
correctly under Microwindows! Yes, now you too can develop your
applications on your 180x180 monochrome PDA screen top. Now if some one
will get toolchains on there, we will be set.

Get this release at ftp://viewml.com/pub/flnx/flnx-0.15.tar.gz.

Here's the ChangeLog with the complete list of changes for this release:

flnx 0.15 (Microwindows Version 0.89pre6) - 16th Nov 2000 -
####@####.####
        - Resloved Microwindows issue for not redrawing bitmaps on
buttons.
          Submitted patch to Microwindows project.
        - Revamped X,Y coordinate system to be more like FLTK 1.0.7.
Now,
          widgets in many nested windows work correctly.
        - Catching Microwindows update resize and move events.
        - Added Fl_Window_Resize class for to catch Microwindows window
          managers resize events.
        - Implemented virtual resize_notify method so you can give
application
          specific instructions for resizing (or you could just call the

          default resize).
        - Fluid now works under Microwindows (Now you can design apps on
your
          PDA!)

Thanks for all your help,

Jeff Moellmer