nanogui: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option

Subject: Re: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2000 16:28:44 -0000

> Anyone out there who actually managed to get
> Microwindows running using the Framebuffer option? :)

Actually, the funny thing is that Microwindows runs *better* in
framebuffer mode.  Greg Haerr does all of his development on a
framebuffer machine, and
I currently have three different processors on my desk, all running
Microwindows in framebuffer mode.  To tell you the honest truth, I would
be less surprised if you were having trouble running MW in X11 mode.

I have seen the symptoms you are describing sometimes where I have had
an infinite loop or a segfault on the MIPS VR4122 machine I am working
on.  I had a situation where Nano-X was getting caught in a race
condition before the graphics had a chance to initalize completely, so
all I saw was some partial drawing.  I also saw it on the Ipaq when I
made a stupid keyboard driver error.

What demo are you trying to run?

Jordan