nanogui: How can I get least file size?

Subject: Re: How can I get least file size?
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 29 Dec 2000 15:06:44 -0000

Strip the files, you will get a little change in size.  Also, if you are
using multiple Nano-X demos, its always better
to have Nano-X as a server (that saves you space).  Of course, the
WINAPI programs have to be linked with the server, so
thats always the same.  Just recall that you aren't going to get much
smaller than 200K for the server, and between
20K and 90K for most of the demos (assuming you have shared libraries).
Thats many times smaller than X, but we still need to
take up some space.

Most likely, Nano-X can't open the socket because nano-X is either
failing, or you don't have permission to write to the /tmp directory,
which is where the named socket is located.  Try running nano-X on its
own, and ensuring that it is running ok.  Then try running
other demos.

Jordan