nanogui: Assabet (SA-1110) touchscreen doesn't work!

Subject: Re: Assabet (SA-1110) touchscreen doesn't work!
From: Supriyo ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2001 12:23:22 -0000

Ok...looks like I'm in the same boat as some of the
other people in this mailing list!

I've managed to get the Assabet touchscreen to work
but there's one problem (as usual!!). The screen
doesn't seem to be calibrated.

I've noticed that when I press say the top left hand
corner of the screen, the bottom right hand corner is
activated instead. So it's 180 degrees off where it
should be.

Here are some details which I think might be
important:
(Hopefully this will come in handy, Greg. :) )

1. Kernel version:
- linux-2.4.0-test11

2. Also used the following patches:
- patch-2.4.0-test11-rmk1
- diff-2.4.0-test11-rmk1-np3

3. Settings in the Microwindows config file:

IPAQMOUSE = Y
All the rest = N

So that would mean that I was using mou_ipaq.c driver
(found in microwin/src/drivers/). After "make" the
mou_ipaq.o file was created.

4. Major/minor #s
mknod /dev/h3600_ts c 11 0
(Major/minor #s were not mentioned in the mou_ipaq.c
file. An earlier posting mentioned 11 & 0 but then
again that was for the ADS driver...but I just tried
my luck!)

- Could someone please tell me how I could calibrate
the screen? I mean do I need to modify some part of
mou_ipaq.c so that I can rotate the activated points
by 180 degrees?

- Some people here have mentioned getting the ADS
driver to work on the Assabet. I tried with the
following settings but encountered errors:

1. Same kernel configuration as above.

2. ADSMOUSE = Y
All the rest = N

3. Used the following driver found in
microwin/src/drivers:
mou_ads.c

4. . Major/minor #s
mknod /dev/ts c 190 34
(Got 190 and 34 from the mou_ads.c file.)

This is the error message I got when I tried running
the Microwindows "mine" demo:

Error 19 opening touch panel
Cannot initialise mouse.

Also, cat /dev/ts gave me the following error message:
No such device

- Does the ADS driver REALLY work on the Assabet? From
what I see it seems that it doesn't! But everyone here
keeps on mentioning the ADS driver. So what am I
missing out??

I'm keen on trying out the ADS driver cause I'm hoping
that it might work properly and I wouldn't have to
calibrate the screen.

Thanks,
Supriyo

--- Greg Haerr ####@####.#### wrote: > Well, since