nanogui: Assabet (SA-1110) touchscreen doesn't work!

Subject: Re: Assabet (SA-1110) touchscreen doesn't work!
From: Supriyo ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jan 2001 12:32:30 -0000

Great news for all those trying to get their
touchscreens to work on the Assabet!

With some help from Roman Jordan (from the
handhelds.org mailing list, I think) my touchscreen is
finally working! Well I wouldn't say it's perfect but
it sure is close!

It's quite a minor change actually.
1. Open the file drivers/char/ucb1200_ts.c

2. You'll find x_rev = 0 (If I remember correctly it's

in line 190...just search for it in case I'm wrong)

3. Change x_rev AND y_rev both to 1.

4. Recompile the kernel...and enjoy the Microwindows
minesweeper game!

Ok...now to point out some of the minor hiccups.

1. The area close around the centre of the screen
works perfectly.

2. However, if you press a point close to the left and
right edges of the touchscreen (I'm referring to the
landscape format), the point activated is around 0.5cm
away (towards the centre of the screen) from the point
where the pressure is applied.

Hope all this is useful for those trying to get their
Assabet touchscreens running.

Have fun!
Supriyo

--- Supriyo Chatterjea
####@####.#### wrote: > Ok...looks
like I'm in the same boat as some of the