nanogui: compile flnx fail

Subject: Re: compile flnx fail
From: Supriyo ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jan 2001 06:08:06 -0000

Hi Jackie,

Don't know about the first few problems you mentioned
regarding FLNX but here's some stuff that might be
useful when you set up your framebuffer in Linux.

1. I actually set up the framebuffer using RH6.2. And
the fb option was already included in the kernel, so I
don't think you would need to recompile the kernel to
include RH6.2 support.

2. So that makes things a lot easier. Edit the
/etc/lilo.conf file. You might have something similar
to this (Just add in the line indicated with the
arrow):

boot/dev/hda3
delay=30
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
vga=ASK <--- Add this in!!

image=/boot/vmlinuz
blah...blah...blah...

3. The run the following:
/sbin/lilo -v

4. type: mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0

5. Now restart you computer:
Once you start linux, you'll be asked to enter a mode
number.

You can try entering 0301 or 0314.
0301: 640x480, 8 bit
0314: 800x600, 16 bit
For all the possible modes please check the
Framebuffer HOWTO.

6. Now once you choose the Framebuffer option in
Microwindows, the demos should run.
Remember NOT to run your demos with X running! That'll
mess up your system! (Learnt that the hard way! :) )

Hope this helps,
Supriyo

PS: Think you can post questions on the Viewml mailing
list for questions on FLNX. They've got great support!