nanogui: Question about nxscribble and Chinese demo

Subject: Re: Question about nxscribble and Chinese demo
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2001 17:57:58 -0000

: Can the nxscribble program in microwindows handle handwriting recognition?

That's exactly what it does.

: What input method are you using to run Microwindows application on the
: embedded device? Where can I get it?

it works with any Microwindows mouse device: touch screen, mouse, etc.

Is there any pre-compiled binary for
: Arm?

No, just use config.arm or config.ads or config.ipaq and compile

:
: I am trying the Chinese font support feature. But I could not find any demo
: program in microwindow package. I ran the "mdemo" on the Assabet board
: (SA1110 evaluation board) . It searched for Chinese font and created some
: Chinese fonts. But I did not see the display of Chinese. Even I include he
: Chinese font support in my kernel.

When HZKFONT is set in config, use the ./t1demo.sh program to
display the fonts.

:
: Buy the way does microwindows support MS Song and MS Hei or other Unicode
: font? If not can I use font server to port it in?

Unicode fonts are supported through the FreeType truetype renderer.  T1lib
doesn't (yet) support unicode fonts, someone has suggested a patch that
loads the .enc files.

I suggest you study the engine/devfont.c code for a bit, as well as the
GrText/GdText
functions in nanox/srvfunc.c.

: Sorry for shooting out so many question at  one time. Please give me
: guidance.
: Regards,
: Xiaoyong