nanogui: Microwindows and Assabet touch Screen

Subject: Re: Microwindows and Assabet touch Screen
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2001 15:23:17 -0000

There are a couple of kernel touchscreen drivers for the Assabet out
there, and your mileage will vary from one to the other.  Nobody has
even agreed on a standard for how the data should be returned to the
user.  All drivers return a 3 value array, but they differ over which
one represents X, Y and pressure (or Z).  I am assuming that your values
are symmetric to the center, and that they get larger as you approach
the center, and smaller as you move away from it.  Most likely, one of
the values that your are reading is the presssure reading.

The best thing to do in this situation is to read  the kernel driver
(ucb1200_ts.c) and see how the data is being returned the user, and then
change your microwindows driver to reflect this.

Jordan