nanogui: Re: tcl/tk for nano-X

Subject: Re: tcl/tk for nano-X
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2001 15:03:16 -0000

Tough.  I don't know if you have ported an X program to Nano-X by hand
before, but Nano-X automatically handles a lot of stuff that X11 leaves
to the programmer.  For example, the colormap is automatically set by
Nano-X, but it must be explicitly set by the programmer for X.  When you
are porting from X to Nano-X, it is easy to determine what the
programmers intent was, and translate it (mainly because you can leave
whole sections of code out), but when you go from Nano-X back to X, you
need to manually make some of the decisions that Nano-X would make for
you automatically.  IMHO certainly not something that a macro or header
file can do easily.

Comments, Greg???

Jordan