nanogui: Running Nano-X and ViewML separately

Subject: Running Nano-X and ViewML separately
From: Supriyo ####@####.####
Date: 12 Feb 2001 15:11:55 -0000

Hi,

I'm trying to get ViewML to run on the Assabet. I
successfull managed to compile ViewML on my PC but the
thing is that the final ViewML binary file is a
whopping 6.5MB!!

Now I've tried creating an 8MB ramdisk but somehow I
can't seem to fit in ViewML and the rest of the basic
Linux files required.

I've got a couple of questions:
1. Am I right to say that the ViewML binary is this
big because the nano-x server has been "built into"
it?

2. Does creating such a binary mean that when it's
finally loaded into the Assabet, it's not going to
require any other files to run (e.g. libraries, etc),
i.e. I can just copy it into any directory and just
run the ViewML binary by typing ./viewml?

3. Suppose I don't create such a binary and I simply
compile the browser without nano-x included, then I
load the nano-x server and ViewML to the Assabet
separately. Would this require less space (so that I
can fit it into the ramdisk) than the original 6.5MB
binary?

4. How do I go about installing nano-x on the Assabet?
Does that mean I've to install Microwindows on the
Assabet itself? So I just copy the Microwindows gz
file to the Assabet and uncompress it? Or is there
some other file I need to install specifically for
NanoX?

5. Also, what instructions do I need to follow to
build ViewML without Nano-X built it?

Would really appreciate any comments/remarks!

Thanks,
Supriyo