nanogui: Screenshot

Subject: Re: Screenshot
From: "Gary James" ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 2001 13:39:56 -0000

I guess those were pretty old notes...

First off it doesn't look like the screen capture is set up to work
across all platform combinations. It looks like only a few keyboard
drivers are setup to generate the print key (MWKEY_PRINT). It looks
like the capture screen code can only handle captureing from a frame
buffer. And it looks like the file name will be "file" not "snap.bmp".

Here's where you want to look to find out whats going on in your
environment. Search for "MWKEY_PRINT" in ".../microwin/src/drivers/".
Make sure that your keyboard driver has the ability to generate a
MWKEY_PRINT key code. It looks like the X11 and tty scancode drivers
generate this keycode from the printscreen key, but the tty driver
still uses cntrl-P.

The key is processed in ".../microwin/src/mwin/winevent.c" or
".../microwin/src/mwin/srvevent.c" for mwin or nano-X respectively.
These functions call GdCaptureScreen("file") the parameter is the
name of the file that will be created, therefore "file" rather than
"snap.bmp". Then look at GdCaptureScreen(). This function reads
screen data from the frame buffer driver. So if you are not running
in frame buffer mode, I don't think you are going to get an image.

One other thing that you might want to consider. If you are running
in X11 mode, you can get screen shots easily using the Gimp.

Gary James
http://home.twcny.rr.com/embedded/