nanogui: GTK+ port to nano-X

Subject: Re: GTK+ port to nano-X
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 2001 14:16:29 -0000

Maybe somebody can help me understand.   wxWindows seems to be very similar
to Microwindows in many ways, especially in the way that it is (or soon will
be) a native framebuffer application.

Is it an windowing system and API rolled together, or is there a seperate
toolkit (much like we have FLNX)?  If there is a seperate widget set,
wouldn't it be easier just to port that widget set to use Nano-X instead of
porting GTK so you can run the whole wxWindows environment in Nano-X?

Jordan

On Friday 11 May 2001 03:10, Julian Smart mentioned: