nanogui: Problem in repaint

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Problem in repaint
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jun 2001 19:46:36 -0000

: In case of remote execution, the window does not get repainted properly.
: For example, I bring another window on top of the nano-X window, and it
: has the color of that window. When I move the mouse over it, it erases
: it and repaints it with the original nano-X color. This also happens
: when I resize the Nano-X window. So ultimately, we get all sorts of
: pixelations on the screen.

Please send me your client.c change for using a network socket rather
than a UNIX local socket, and I can test it over here.

Nano-X does not support any byte swapping etc so the client
and server must basically be the same endian and bit-orderness in
order to work.

I presume you're running 0.89pre6b or later, versions prior to this
had some sync problems that only showed up when client event
data was significantly delayed, which likely would show up over
a network.

: Is there any way to solve this in Nano-X? Is there a way to set the
: display settings for proper remote execution?
:
: Thanks,
: Sri.