nanogui: ideology of flnx

Subject: Re: [nanogui] ideology of flnx
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jul 2001 14:27:55 -0000

FLNX and FLTK are indeed the same animal (except for a few new widgets that
we have stuck in here and there).

It have been our intention to merge FLNX and FLTK.  In fact, plans were in
place before the original FLTK developers left the project, and it languished
some what.  FLTK is currently on 1.0.11, and the few bug fixes that we have
found to since 1.0.7 have already been added to the FLNX tree.

There is a FLTK 2.0 in the works (currently in CVS beta), and we are planning
(once again) to merge the two (but I am unsure of when that will happen).

So for now, we stay separate, but interchangeable (FLNX can run applications
built with FLTK 1.0.11, and vice versa).

If anyone wants to take a look, you get FLTK 2.0 instructions from:
http://www.oss3d.com/fltk2diff/

Jordan

On Thursday 12 July 2001 23:05, David T Eger mentioned: