nanogui: how to run microwin with console!

Subject: RE: [nanogui] how to run microwin with console!
From: "Gray, Tim" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Aug 2001 14:19:29 -0000

Actually I find it quite useful to do some compiles on the prototype
hardware. Granted I'm working on a set-top box so I have massive amounts of
room and power compared to a handheld device (64meg ram,intel P166,2gig hard
drive in place of the flash drive)  but I find it easier to push the limits
of the hardware's capability when I can perform a small recompile on the
target.

In a handheld, how would you even get GCC installed.