nanogui: svgalib support

Subject: svgalib support
From: Eric Jacobs ####@####.####
Date: 19 Aug 2001 22:50:39 -0000

I am working on some patches for the svgalib driver, FreeBSD mouse, and
a couple of other miscelleanous things. The good news is that FLNX and
ViewML now work under svgalib after I added blitting support.

However, I'm having a problem with the svgalib blits. The problem is that
blits are always called using dstpsd->Blit() -- so the destination driver
has to know how to read the source device. This becomes a problem when
blitting from the screen to an offscreen bitmap: under svgalib, there is
no sensible value to set psd->addr to, because the screen is not always
linearly mapped (as a case in point, on the CT655xx device that I'm
working on, linear mode does not work at all.) This causes a crash when
trying to move a window.

How is this supposed to work under the Microwindows abstraction? Any
advice on how to proceed?