nanogui: Starting nano-X during boot up (not from a console)!

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Starting nano-X during boot up (not from a console)!
From: Duncan Palmer ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2001 18:06:16 -0000

A possible advantage of using inittab over rc scripts is that you can
get init to respawn your app for you if it dies (handy when you have
quickly put together something thats a bit unstable but needs to be
demo'd). In the past, I've used a shell script, which is listed in
inittab, for this purpose. The script starts nano-X and a couple of
other applications, and if they bite the dust, init can respawn the
shell script, and you're off again. rc scripts are probably the more
correct approach tho...