nanogui: nanowm and no-network configuration

Subject: Re: [nanogui] nanowm and no-network configuration
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 2001 15:21:44 -0000

Typically, when you link the application into the server, you get an all in
one application that runs the server and client together.    This pretty much
excludes the nanowm program, which depends on mulitple clients connecting to
the server to work well.

However, you *could* write a static program where you have some window
manager like properties, and each client is built into the same program.
This would result in a very large program, and it would be quite difficult to
expand (each new client would add new problems), but it could technically be
done, though I don't believe any one has tried it yet.

Jordan

On Monday 19 November 2001 06:59, Sathish Vasudevaiah mentioned: