nanogui: Psion Revo Plus and MicroWindows

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Psion Revo Plus and MicroWindows
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 17 Dec 2001 18:23:29 -0000

The microwindows design is very flexable, even if a "framebuffer" (ie, a
region of memory that is used to draw directly to the screen) doesn't exist.

Microwindows implements a series of drivers that handle the actual hardware
calls for video, mouse and keyboard.  Even though framebuffers are the
primary method, there are drivers that can draw on many different devices.

Each screen driver (see microwin/src/drivers/scr_* for examples), implements
a series of methods for drawing / reading from the screen.  This is the only
place where the system actually draws on the screen, so as long as you have
some way to twiddle the bits on your particular video device, you should be
OK.

Good luck!
Jordan

On Monday 17 December 2001 10:22, Darran D. Rimron-Molloy mentioned: