nanogui: loading images from memory

Subject: Re: [nanogui] loading images from memory
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2002 18:42:21 -0000

> BTW if anyone knows how to do transparency in MicroWindows (WIN32) using a
> bitmap and a mask bitmap, that would be interesting. When I created a mono
> bitmap and used that in BitBlt as per normal WIN32 code, MicroWindows
> complains about the depth not being suitable for the DC. When I create the
> mask at the display depth instead, the operations that work for 'real'
> WIN32 to do transparency, don't work under MicroWindows.

Funny you should mention that, we have been telling Greg that we need to have
variable depth pixmaps for a while now.

It wouldn't be *too* messy, the only thing we would need is a set of really
good conversion blit routines (especially to and from a depth of 1 (for
bitmaps)).  If anyone has any that they have been working on and want to
donate to the cause, we can write all the supporting code pretty quickly.

Jordan

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 11:26, Julian Smart mentioned: