nanogui: loading images from memory

Subject: Re: [nanogui] loading images from memory
From: Chris Ross ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2002 19:22:24 -0000

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:36:29AM -0700, Jordan Crouse muttered...
: > BTW if anyone knows how to do transparency in MicroWindows (WIN32) using a
: > bitmap and a mask bitmap, that would be interesting. When I created a mono
: > bitmap and used that in BitBlt as per normal WIN32 code, MicroWindows
: > complains about the depth not being suitable for the DC. When I create the
: > mask at the display depth instead, the operations that work for 'real'
: > WIN32 to do transparency, don't work under MicroWindows.
:
: Funny you should mention that, we have been telling Greg that we need to have
: variable depth pixmaps for a while now.
:
: It wouldn't be *too* messy, the only thing we would need is a set of really
: good conversion blit routines (especially to and from a depth of 1 (for
: bitmaps)).  If anyone has any that they have been working on and want to
: donate to the cause, we can write all the supporting code pretty quickly.

It might be worth digging around in Imlib2 - there are routines in there to
do all sorts of image depth conversions, I would elaborate futher but I dont
have a copy to hand. But I know Carsten (raster) has got all sorts of *fast*
routines in there that may be a good base point. I will also talk to raster
as I know he has some stuff in the pipeline,

regards,

Chris
--
                   http://www.darkrock.co.uk |  http://www.ferite.org