nanogui: SetTop box Development [sorta an advert]

Subject: RE: [nanogui] SetTop box Development [sorta an advert]
From: "Gray, Tim" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2002 14:07:19 -0000

Actually you can get excellent tools for surface mount work from Jameco.com
they have hot tweezers, and small irons and other SMT tools for really low
prices..  $59.00 for hot tweezers is insanely low.. as work paid $1200.00
for the ones I use daily.   and SMT work is really easy if you get a liquid
flux pen. the secret is to use flux and alot of it. I was intimidated by SMT
work 2 years ago.. today I only prototype with SMT as regular DIP chips are
awkward and bulky....  Now if I could figure out how to solder a BGA chip
onto a board...  I really want to prototype with the ZFMicro MachZ Computer
on a chip.