nanogui: Alpha support?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Alpha support?
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2002 16:24:55 -0000

We do not support an individual alpha per pixel at this point, but we do
support a constant alpha for the entire blit.

It would take a fair amount of hacking to support RGBA - especially in the
image decoding, and various blits.   Greg could probably give you more
details on the amount of work that would have to be done.

For my part, I have recently started to port the most excellent alpha
blending routines from the imlib2 project (thanks to Rasterman, if he is
listening).   These give us blend, add and subtract macros.  Then, once you
get RGBA support, it will be very easy to implement the actual alpha
blending.  It will be slow (since you need to mangle each pixel
individually), but it will look cool.

I will get everything ported to the latest CVS version and release a patch.

Jordan

On Thursday 07 February 2002 08:59, ####@####.#### mentioned: