nanogui: Keycodes on Accelent linux

Subject: Keycodes on Accelent linux
From: David Muse ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2002 22:55:14 -0000

I've been developing a nano-X application that appears to work fine on x86 linux, but does not work on Accelent's acceLinux running on an xscale processor.

Here are the details...

I have compiled Microwindows to use SCANKBD and have written a small application.  The application has a window which is set up to listen for GR_EVENT_MASK_KEY_DOWN and GR_EVENT_MASK_KEY_UP events and a function that responds to different keys by checking event.keystroke.ch and reacting differently to each key.

This works as expected on x86-linux.

The exact same configuration does not work on arm-linux (acceLinux).

I set up the program to print out the value of event.keystroke.ch.  For a very small subset of characters, it prints the unicode value that I expect, but for the rest, it prints out really large numbers (in the 65000 range).

I did a little hacking to kbd_ttyscan.c (just uncommented some printf's in the TTY_Read function) and found that the values being read from /dev/tty are greatly different between the two systems.  A few characters match up, but only a few.

Has anyone else run into anything like this?  Is it possible that some strange keymap is getting loaded somehow?  Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Muse