nanogui: creating windows

Subject: Re: [nanogui] creating windows
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jul 2002 07:45:51 -0000

Fergal,
    I'm not sure I fully understand what you're problem is, perhaps
you could send a code snippet.  The clipping regions are set to
clip everything if the window isn't mapped, is that your problem?
If you want to draw to a window that's unmapped, you'll have to
have a backup GrNewPixmap-created window instead, and then
GrCopyArea it when you get an expose event.

: If I was to create a window, call some draw functions, create a new window,
: draw some new functions again, this is fine, but I wish to be able to create
: all windows at the top of my program, but if I do this, the new windows will
: create
: and map fine, but when it comes to checking the clip region before I draw,
: the
: clipresult gets set to false.
:
: I see in the demo code in slider.c that this should be quite possible, but
: despite
: having identical set up to this, I still have this problem.
:
: If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.
:
: Fergal
:
: >>Hi
: >>
: >>I'm trying to create a number of mw windows, but am having problems.
: >>
: >>I call GrNewWindowEx twice and it returns valid IDs fine, I then select
: >>events
: >>and map the windows and this all works fine,
: >>
: >>but when it comes to calling a draw function, when the code enters into
: >>srvclip2.c,
: >>the values for clipminx, clipmaxx, clipminy and clipmaxy are set to the
: >>extreme values
: >>and clipresult is set to false to this if statement fails.
: >>
: >>When map window is called these values are correctly set.
: >>
: >>I see from the demo code that creating the windows should be straght
: >>forward.
: >>
: >>What could casue this to happen??
: >>