nanogui: questions on scalable fonts

Subject: Re: [nanogui] questions on scalable fonts
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jul 2002 21:29:47 -0000

> 2. while cross compiled to ppc-405 arch, mwin renders built-in fonts fine,
but caused seg fault when rendering truetype in GdArea( ).

> Is there some kind of alignment issues related to rendering truetype? or some
sort of compile/link flags to set for ppc arch..........?any advice??

This definitely sounds like a possible alignment problem.  Check
out the call to GrArea in engine/devfont.c, that's where all this
happens.  That code was written a little too quickly, and it
still needs some work (drawing black foreground is broken
in this area).

> p.s. Is there a way to scale the proportional font a little BIGGER, so that
it can be built-in???

Pick any BDF font you like, and then use the fonts/convbdf script
to convert them to .c files to link them into the server.  If you want
to capture fonts, I wrote a program for Win32 that will take
any screen-displayed font and capture it.  Tom extended the
program for wide fonts, his code will be checked in CVS shortly.