nanogui: limit the number of GrMoveWindow() calls!

Subject: Re: [nanogui] limit the number of GrMoveWindow() calls!
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 6 Aug 2002 06:58:08 -0000

wang wrote:
> Alex suggests:
>>* Make the WM do the window move calls at a fixed rate asynchronously to
>>the incoming mouse movement events in order to limit the number of
>>GrMoveWindow() calls per second.
> so the number of GrMoveWindow() calls is cut
> down to a half.
>   But unfortunately I did see any abvious
> speed increase.

Well, halve the number of calls isn't exactly what I said, and I don't
expect it to make a big difference either, but this reminds me of
something odd you said earlier:

>   Have you tried the microwindow API application?
> if the nano-X can catch up with that speed,I will
> be satisfied.

However I haven't seen a noticable speed difference between the Nano-X
and Microwin APIs running similar programs. Also I don't actually find
solid window drags too slow on either Nano-X or microwin except on vga16
hardware. Which makes me wonder what exactly you're doing with Nano-X to
be seeing this slowness?

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer