nanogui: nano-X display server

Subject: Re: [nanogui] nano-X display server
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2002 19:21:47 -0000

: We did something like that on our mobile harbour cranes, but it was really
: slow due to network latency. Each function Gr*() requires a loopback between
: the application and the server, you can imagine the result.

Actually, the design is such that most functions return void, and as
such are batched and sent to the server without requiring a round-trip.
Of course, any Gr*() function with a return value requires loopback.

I'd like to hear a bit more about the slowness issue.

:
: We ported VNC server to nano-X using libVNCServer by Johannes E. Schindelin.
: I don't know if Greg has received the patch - if did not, I can send it now.

I have the patch from Gianci dated June 20th, based on libVNCServer v0.2.
Is this the most current?

: Bye
:
: Fabio